Sunday, April 5, 2009

Yet Another Nutty Auction: Virgin Mary Mushroom - Must See to Believe!

No sooner did I post about the Mother Teresa / Pope John Paul II chicken nugget (the auction for which was mysteriously yanked by eBay, for, one must imaging, "God only knows what," than I found this little nugget. Actually, it's not a nugget at all. It's a mushroom. Apparently, some desperate soul, looking for their five minutes of fame (which I knowingly am helping to indulge them) and their own multi-thousand dollar windfall (yeah, good luck on that one, kids), seems to think this mushroom is something akin to the Virgin Mary Reincarnate.

Here is how the eBay Noob (a bright, shiny one with a whopping Zero Feedback) describes this amazing find:

I came across this mushroom while preparing dinner for my family a few days ago. My family has been struggling through these tough economic times and we have all been praying for a solution to our crisis. I have a severe skin condition and the medical bills have been piling up on top of the regular day to day bills that we face. When I came across this mushroom, I thought it truly was a sign from God. The pictures are below. I will let you be the judge. For me, it symbolizes the Virgin Mary with Christ. It has brought much joy to my family for the few days we have had it. It is still fresh and in great condition. Please contact me via email with questions. Thank you.

And, since this auction will likely go the way of all other 10th Wonder of the World auctions and be sucked into the eBay Black Hole sooner rather than later, here's the pic. I know you're just dying to see for yourself. So, for posterity, take a look, then consider what follows:


Does this truly represent the Virgin Mary more than it does Georgia O'Keefe?

0 comments from the peanut gallery: